Have you ever considered the concept of using video within your emails? If you haven’t, then you really should consider adopting video email marketing.
You may be looking at this thinking that email is dead within marketing, but that simply isn’t true. Email marketing remains the best way to attract and even retain customers.
Video marketing as a whole:
Video marketing is the use of videos to promote and market your product or service to increase your digital and social platforms. Videos can be used to educate your customers and reach your audience with a new medium.
According to research carried out by HubSpot, video content performs much better than any other type of content, with email and newsletters coming in at second best – so why not combine the two?
Video and the flywheel:
Video content has completely revolutionised the way that salespeople connect with prospects, leads and even converting them into customers. You can attract, engage and delight your audience with videos and video emails, they’re not just about increasing brand awareness. Read more about Inbound Marketing and why it is important to help and educate your prospects rather than try a hard-sell and push your message onto people – they won’t want to listen.
Educate, inform and help your prospects and customers through video. It can do so much more for you than just increase engagement, analytics can help you and your salespeople to qualify and prioritise cold or unresponsive leads.
Video & email:
Using video in your email improves both the open and click-through rates, and video marketing itself isn’t a new trend. It has been a pivotal content marketing tool across every platform and social media channel. Video is no longer just one small piece of your marketing puzzle, it’s now central to your customer outreach strategy’s.
If you’re reading this and feeling a little overwhelmed by the concept of video, don’t be. You don’t need any fancy cameras, sound equipment or even editing software. Smartphones are now well equipped for video – most even shooting in 4K. Be real, raw and honest in your videos, your audience will love that, and it can have a real impact.
In the past, video was mainly seen as entertainment, while it still is, video is also an important marketing tool. Video has the ability to increase conversion rates on landing pages by over 80%. The mention of the word ‘video’ in your email subject line increases open rates by 20%. Finally, 90% of customers say that videos often help them when making a buying decision.
8 Types of video to include in your emails and make them stand out:
- Demo videos – showcase how your product works, a tour of your software, for example. You can add these into your email to show potential prospects how you can help them.
- Brand videos – These are usually part of your larger marketing campaign and showcase the company’s vision/ideas and services. These videos are about building up your brand awareness and to attract potential customers to you and your services.
- Event videos – perhaps you’ve hosted a workshop, a charity event, a seminar or any other event, a highlight reel can showcase this to the world. Perhaps you’re hosting another similar event in a few weeks/months’ time and want to create an email marketing campaign to reach out to others who may be interested, including a small clip of a previous event may pique their interest.
- Influencer Interviews – interviewing an influencer in your field is a great way of building credibility and trust with your intended audience. These can also be added to emails alongside your social platforms. Imagine the open rate with your audience if you’ve got an interview with Richard Branson ?
- Educational & How-To videos – using educational and How to videos are a great way of engaging your audience. Use this to help them understand your business/product. What better way than to walk and talk them through it via a video? A much more cohesive way to fully explain things than it would be in plain text.
- Animated videos – these can be really strong visually and are a great way to explain a product or service. Perhaps you may feel more comfortable producing an animated video than having your own face on screen.
- Case studies & Testimonials – Your prospects want to know that your product will be the solution to their problem. Case studies help give real-life examples of how you have helped other people in their situation. Video testimonials from happy customers are also a great way of talking about your business through other people.
- Personalised messages – video can be a creative tool for personal outreach, particularly via email. A personal buying experience is no longer a “nice to have” it is expected. Why not follow up recent meeting with a prospect by sending a personal video recapping the meeting. You can then give recommendations on how you can help them, next steps and recommendations.
Video can be added to emails to convert prospects into leads, nurture your leads into customers or to delight customers.
Example of what a video can look like when embedded into an email.
Using Vidyard For Your Video Marketing
Vidyard is the perfect video hosting platform if you want to get involved in video emails. The platform allows you to publish, update to social media channels, as well as enabling you to embed these videos into emails.
From your Vidyard portal, you’re able to see viewer insights such as, how many views your video has received. This is extremely useful as you’ll be able to see what kind of videos your audience connects with.Valuable insights that can then be entered directly into your CRM.
Vidyard even makes it incredibly easy to personalise your videos. You can input features such as the viewers name and company directly into the video. What better way to connect with a prospect than to make it all about them and how important they are?
Elements to include in your video emails:
- The word ‘video’ in the email subject line
- Place the video below your email copy
- Use closed caption and subtitles where possible – so people can watch the video in silence.
- Include video captions – these will really help those who want to watch without sound.
- Use an animated thumbnail
- Film to fit the medium
- Measure & track your videos – see what’s working and what’s not so you can achieve the best results possible.
Video Email Marketing Statistics from Vidyard:
- Increase opens – The word “Video” can increase opens 19%
- Drive clicks – Video thumbnails can increase clicks 50%
- Increase revenue: 64% of consumers are more likely to buy after seeing a video and 65% of executives will visit your site
- Cut costs: Videos can lower your cost per lead 19%
- Improve SEO: Video in email increases site traffic, which can have an impact on SEO, and clicks—video users get 41% more search traffic than non-users
Benefits of using video in emails:
Videos really give you a great opportunity to break through to your audience and really connect well with them, you can make complicated topics and issues a lot simpler while building up the trust and loyalty from your customers.
Videos are also great for B2B, most of the time buyers want to see interesting things but that doesn’t happen all too often. Video offers a range of creativity and captures the attention of the viewer, plus they’re much more visually pleasing than a paragraph of plain text that’s easy to ignore.
People receive hundreds of emails per day. Stand out from the crowd and get started with video email marketing today ?